Thursday 5 November 2009

2562 is the magic number

Dutch producer 2562 is causing people to go all wobbly on the dance music scene.

A few weeks ago I went to the launch of his second album (under the 2562 moniker), 'Unbalance', at the grimey but really quite wicked south London club Corsica Studios.

I followed the DJ Mag crew down, though I didn't know much about the night, We Fear Silence. I asked clubs editor Allan if the music was good. His reply: 'Do bears shit in woods? It be DEEP.' So I went.

Don't let the toilets at Corsica Studios put you off.


Anyway, God knows why he's called 2562, but his real name is Dave Huismans and he makes slow, atmospheric, daaarrrrrrkkkkkk dubstep.

This is his track 'Moog Dub', which appeared on the 'Dubstep Allstars 6' compilation - there is another video floating around on YouTube but it had an evil clown face which was just too freaky, so here's the safe version:

No comments:

Post a Comment