Wednesday 14 July 2010

Free festival, 7 August


London is generally a fantastic city for free events but unfortunately, music festivals here don't tend to come cheap.

So hurrah for east London, which is playing host to the Little London Fields Festival on Saturday 7 August - a brand new, independent, freebie event that runs from 11.30am to 8.30pm.

The organisers claim it will host 'contemporary art, cutting edge fashion and dynamic new music'. At risk of sounding sour, I must admit I'm wary of events that mix fashion and music - it smacks of hipsters more concerned with appearance than getting sweaty to a filthy bassline. But perhaps this ghetto approach betrays my 90s roots. Either way - this bash is free, it has a dance tent and my mate Allan is going, so I'll be there!

For more info, visit the (rather sparse) festival website.        

No comments:

Post a Comment