Friday 15 January 2010

Bloc 2010



I'm so excited at having bought a ticket for Bloc Weekend I think I just wet myself a little bit.

The beauty of this, and other holiday park festivals is, no camping. Oh, the joys of taking a hot shower between raves, walking just two minutes to reach the next stage, 24-hour arenas and going swimming or playing mini golf with your mates when still slightly spannered.

Having been to the festival every year since its inception in 2007, I can vouch for it being total, utter hilarity. This year the lineup includes Salt n Pepa (yes I'll be wearing my blue puffa jacket, circa 1999, for that set), Grandmaster Flash, Skream b2b Benga, Congo Natty and Roots Manuva. The promoters have even dug deep into their garage box to pull out MJ Cole who, I'm reliably told, spends his time living off the proceeds of 1998 album 'Sincere' and playing with mini helicopters.

Last year's Bloc brought out some strange habits. I developed an addiction to Burger King chips at 4am, Chris was so excited at finding a Ribena vending machine he spent £30 on the stuff, and Sally loved the dance mat so much she spent most of her time on it - despite the arcade game being positioned right outside a room of real music, with real DJs and real clubbers.

There are still tickets left. Check out the website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment