Monday 11 January 2010

I heart Hospitality



I do bang on about how good Hospitality is, but it's totally justified. What an amazing night!

I went to the last couple of Hospitalitys at Digital in Brighton. Great crowd, great fun. The sound system in room two could do with a tweak, as could the opening hours (who wants to go home at 4am anyway?) but other than that, it's a brilliant event - and possibly the best drum n bass party in the world.

Last Friday, Hospitality returned to London on one of the coldest nights of the year. We trekked through the snow to Matter, determined to make our rave mission happen despite the fact that my raving compadre was already puking (his fun started early) and I didn't have my moonboots on (I resent going anywhere in snow without them).

Unfortunately Matter has taken a leaf out of Fabric's book and the queues are hefty, which meant we caught only the last track of Rusko's main-room set. But Friction totally smashed it afterwards, playing the best set of the night. London Elektricity kept the pace up nicely, which was sadly lost when Shy FX came on the decks and decided to rewind almost every tune. It's. Really. Annoying. To. Stop. Start. All. The. Time. 

I'd love to tell you how good Cyantific was, but I was too busy teaching everyone at the front how to gravity skank by that point. It was a bummer that High Contrast couldn't make it - he may have a microphone for a head, but his sets are always awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment