Tuesday 18 May 2010

Rusko at Thekla, Bristol

As someone who is totally, utterly obsessed with clubbing, I know I'm not alone. I've been very lucky to get to know some of the capital's top ravers over the years - the people who you're guaranteed to see at every party, year in, year out; people who share the same obsessive need to skank it up each weekend with a big fat smile on their face and a hug when you see them.

I love those guys (you know who you are), and one of my top ravers - a fellow dubstep and DnB-head like myself - is Holly (who is probably going to kill me for writing this post about her). She's the one with the gas mask and the Sub Soldiers T-shirt raving it up at the front, usually at Fabric.

Last weekend she invited me to Thekla in Bristol for a massive dubstep night. I couldn't go, but she sent me a link to a video of Rusko's set, which made me kick myself for not being there.

Various people (particularly some holier-than-thou music journalists I shan't name) turn their nose up at Rusko in the belief that he's too mainstream, appeals to a young audience, or not highbrow enough. Bullshit. He rocks a crowd, and I think this video proves it.

Seeing as this is a blog about clubbing I thought I'd share the clip with you, so you can spend seven minutes imagining you're there. Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Big tingz! But its Sub Soldiers man not slayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha quick on the edit flex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant belive that grimey switch just after 2 mins. Not a bad soundsystem for a boat either! Badboy.

    ReplyDelete